Today I tried my douchi braised pork ribs (home cooked). Douchi (tochi) is fermented and salted black soybeans. Very salty but very tasty.
*Voted the best dish (5 stars) so far by my wife (vote dated: 20/08/2020)*
- pork ribs or pork meat or chicken meat.
- black vinegar.
- oyster sauce.
- abalone sauce if available.
- white soy sauce.
- black soy sauce (a bit to give coloring).
- cornflour (reduce meat smell and make it slightly sticky).
- chinese wine.
- mixed well & fridge for about 1 hour.
- chopped garlic.
- douchi (douchi soak in water to reduce the saltiness).
- fry garlic.
- add 2 lumps sugar.
- add douchi.
- add marinated pork.
- stir well.
- add black soy sauce to darken the dish.
- add water till soak the pork.
- cover and braised for 15mins, stir and close cover again.
- braised until water reduced to almost dry (approximately 40 mins else ribs meat not loosen).
Read about my best home cooked fried hokkien mee.