Home cooked teriyaki salmon with simple tasty sautéed asparagus and mushroom. Two weeks ago, I bought 1 salmon fish head plus 1 salmon fish piece from Tesco and wanted to try fried salmon fish head as well as teriyaki salmon. My first dish was a failure which is the fried salmon fish head. The fried fish head was not as per what I expected so to compensate my failure, I will ensure I do not fail my teriyaki salmon.
And the good news, my teriyaki salmon dish did not fail me and turns out to be quite good instead. Initially, I wanted to have a sole teriyaki salmon dish only but later decided to add on some colors to the dish thus added 2 sides dishes which is quick fry asparagus and enoki mushrooms.
Btw, this is home cooked.
Ingredients for the teriyaki salmon:
- Salmon piece or block.
- teriyaki sauce (commercially available).
- light soy sauce.
- tapioca flour.
Ingredients for the asparagus and enoki mushrooms:
- A pack of asparagus.
- A pack of enoki mushrooms.
- Oyster sauce.
- light soy sauce.
- black pepper.
- sugar (optional).
Preparation for the salmon:
- lightly coat salmon with tapioca.
- mix teriyaki sauce and some light soy sauce into a bowl of water.
Preparation for the asparagus and enoki mushrooms:
- boil asparagus in water. Ensure water is boiled before adding asparagus.
- observe asparagus until middle part is transparent and transfer into normal temperature water (to prevent continue cooking of the asparagus). Dry the asparagus and transfer into another bowl.
- mix oyster sauce, light soy sauce and black pepper into a bowl of water.
Cooking of the salmon:
- fry the garlics.
- fry the salmon under slow fire. One side at a time slowly.
- add the mixed teriyaki sauce bowl into it.
- cover some teriyaki sauce onto the top of salmon. Turn over salmon and do the same.
- once water start to turn sticky, remove salmon from pan and pour the remaining sauce onto the salmon.
Cooking of the asparagus and enoki mushrooms:
- add garlics.
- add enoki mushroom.
- stir fry mushroom until slightly soft.
- add asparagus.
- add the mixed oyster sauce, soy sauce and black pepper bowl into the pan.
- stir fry until water starts to thickens slightly.