This is the 1st time I’m trying buns from Boite A Bijoux, located in Sri Hartamas. I don’t really fancy buying breads or buns from shops because of the price tag. I’m a traditional type of guy who eat simple and always aware of food price.
However, last week after my lunch, I still feels hungry and happens to pass by this shop again. This time I went in and bought myself 2 different buns variety to fill my tummy.
I bought a mini ham cheese bun and a nacho cheese bun. I love ham so found that these 2 type of buns interesting. The buns are small sized and as I expected, the price is not cheap. Maybe because it uses Japanese flour base for it’s bread.
My receipt as shown here:-
And here are the buns i bought: (above is the mini ham cheese and below it is the nacho cheese bun)
Here is how it tasted (for me):
- I don’t really taste the hams or the cheese, maybe my taste buds too weak or something. My palette just didn’t do good for me.
- I think they just steam the hams so it should be healthy. Maybe doing so, didn’t bring out the aroma of the ham.
- I also cannot taste the difference between Japanese flour and local source flour.
- I do taste the nacho tho.
- Buns are small sized for a price of above RM3.00 a set, definitely just as fun snack.