This is an old style home cooked potato carrot minced meat dish. I loved this dish and it may be a rare hawker stalls dish to be found nowadays. I am sure there are still some stalls selling it though. Anyway, here is my home version of this dish.
- Potatoes (chopped in small cube pieces).
- Carrots (chopped in small cube pieces).
- Minced meat
- Light soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- White pepper
- Black vinegar
- Corn flour
- Sugar (optional but a bit would make it slightly sweeter)
- Add oil to pan
- Add garlic
- Add minced meat
- Add sauce
- Stir fry until meat 90% cooked
- Add carrots
- Add potatoes
- Optional – add dark soy sauce (caramel sauce)
- Add water to cover 1/2 part of the mixture
- Mixed well
- Simmer for 10mins under low fire
- Optional – Add Chinese wine
- Add soy sauce, etc. to taste.
How about some Home cooked doushi braised pork? Read more here.