Today I tried my cooking hands on my home cooked douchi braised pork ribs. What is Douchi? Douchi (tochi) is fermented and salted black soybeans. Very salty yet very tasty.
*My wife voted the best dish (5 stars) (vote dated: 20/08/2020)*
- pork ribs or pork meat or chicken meat.
- black vinegar.
- oyster sauce.
- abalone sauce if available.
- white soy sauce.
- black soy sauce (a bit to give coloring).
- corn flour (reduce meat smell and make it slightly sticky).
- Chinese wine (optional).
- mixed well & fridge for about 1 hour.
- chopped garlic.
- douchi (douchi soak in water to reduce the saltiness).
- fry garlic.
- add 2 lumps sugar.
- add douchi.
- add marinated pork.
- stir well.
- add black soy sauce to darken the dish.
- add water till soak the pork.
- cover and braised for 15mins, stir and close cover again.
- braised until water reduced to almost dry (approximately 40 mins else ribs meat not loosen).
Below picture taken wasn’t the best due to the shadows. I promise to take better photo on my next douchi pork ribs.
Version 2.0 – Pork Shoulder Meat.
Note: Douchi chicken taste is equally good if not better. Anyway, do read up about my best home cooked fried hokkien mee.