Home Cooked Soy Sauce Grill Fish. My wife bought a frozen saba fish and I try to grill this fish with soy sauce, something like teriyaki grill fish dish. And my ingredients are quite simple consisting white soy sauce, brown sugar and mirin.
- white soy sauce
- mirin (Japanese oil mixture with sake)
- brown sugar
- corn flour (optional) – for slightly crunchier fish skin
- cut fish into half
- thin coat of corn flour on the fish skin and meat
- Heat oil in pan (ensure oil is hot)
- lay fish skin side first and fry till skin is cooked
- turn fish over and fry till cooked
- pour a small bowl of mirin
- add white soy sauce
- add brown sugar (equal content as mirin bowl)
- add water (to reduce stickiness but is optional)
Serve with rice.