Felt like having some salted egg dishes so I made my home cooked salted egg chicken v1 dish. The is the 1st time I am cooking this dish and I uses a commercially available salted egg ready mixed.
- chicken breast meat.
- light soy sauce.
- wheat flour.
- corn flour.
- egg (1 should be sufficient depending on portion size).
- a pinch of salt.
- black or white pepper.
- mixed well and fridge for 1 hour.
- commercially available salted egg ready pack.
- a bit of sugar.
- chopped garlic.
- chili padi (bird’s eye chili).
- evaporated milk.
- deep frying:
- deep fry or fry chicken until golden brown on outside.
- about 80% to 90% cooked.
- margarine as oil and heat up pan.
- add chopped garlic.
- add chili padi.
- add chicken.
- add salted egg mixed.
- add creamer or evaporated milk.
- add salt to taste.
- stir fry until fragrant.
Note: Deep fry or stir fry.
Deep fry would be tastier and crunchier but uses lot of oil while stir fry uses less oil but less crunchy.
Salted egg chicken.
My other home cooked dishes:
Update: This is version 1 of salted egg chicken.
My version 2 of salted egg chicken (improved), click here to read more.