Home cooked Lala soup with Chinese wine (clam soup). Here are the ingredients.
- Ginger (cut into tiny strips)
- Garlic (cut into slices)
- Bird eye chili (Chili padi)
- Sesame oil
- Chicken stocks or fish stocks
- Goji berry
- Fish sauce
- White pepper (optional)
- Chinese wine
- Lump sugar (3 to 4 depending on soup volume)
- Lala (either frozen or fresh)
- Coriander (chopped)
How to clean the Lala (frozen type).
- Soak in water and rinse at least 3 times
- Boil hot water
- Water already boiled, pour in the Lala, boil for 10 seconds.
- Quickly pour into Cold water to prevent Lala continue cooking.
- Open the Lala with hands and further clean with water.
How to clean the Lala (fresh type).
- Soak in salt water for a few minutes
- Rinse and clean the Lala
- Check to see if Lala is opened
- Heat oil
- Stir fry the ginger
- then add the garlic and chili padi
- add sesame oil and continue to stir fry until fragrant
- pour in 1 liters of water (if want more soup)
- add chicken stocks
- add lump sugar (optional)
- add Goji berries
- Heat until Water is BOILED
- add Lala
- add Chinese wine
- Simmer for 1 to 2 mins (try not to overcook the Lala)
- add more Chinese wine
- pour into bowl and add chopped Coriander