Simple home cooked fried calamari.
- wash and soak calamari in lemon water and fridge for 30mins
- mix calamari in egg
- mix all purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour and add water to the mixed.
Time for frying.
- dip calamari into the mixed.
- drop into frying pan (oil).
- remove once calamari is light yellow – do not overcook.
- dip into the mix again and fry again (2nd time).
- remove once calamari is darker yellow – do not overcook.
Salted egg option.
- drop some butter or plantar into the pan (not too much but not too little).
- add curry leafs.
- add chili (1 to 2 chili padi is enough)
- add evaporated milk and salted egg powder.
- cook until milk is bubbly.
- reduce the heat and pour in all the fried calamari.
- give a good mix to the calamari.
Serve while hot.