I just loved my simple home cooked curry pork dish that I share with my family. Yes, I started to cook during mco (movement control order) time where covid19 is quite rampant and many restaurants were closed. My craving for curry made me started to try cooking my own curry pork.
Marinate pork with:-
- 5 spices powder
- Light soy sauce
- Curry powder (in this case, i uses Baba’s meat curry powder)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Small amount of Kunyit powder
- Evenly mixed and refrigerate for about 1 hour
- Stir fry some garlic, ginger, star anise (pak kok), cinnamon (guai pheh) and red onions.
- Add curry leafs
- Add pork
- Add water
- Add curry powder
- Add kunyit
- Stir fry pork till 80% cook
- Add Santan (coconut)
- Add more water (depending on your liking either watery or dryer curry)
- Add some light soy sauce to taste
- Add chili powder to taste
- Add pineapple or potato (optional)
- Simmer for 10 minutes (check occasionally because red onions may brown the wok under high heat)
- if using pork ribs, simmer longer so that the meat gets loosen from the bones.
- if using normal pork meat, simmer until meat is soft.
Serve with rice and boiled eggs.
2 thoughts on “Simple Home Cooked Curry Pork”